Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Prophetic Dream

I played Joseph this week at the local VBS (Vacation Bible School).  My first day I was decked out in prison garb from biblical times.  I had a wig on (I am shaved bald) that was long and scraggly.  That night i had a terrible sleep  I was up from 1 am to 4 am, with stress and worry.  I eventually fell back asleep after praying and meditating on God's Word. 
Later that evening, my friend Brian and I were talking and he told me that he had a dream about  me.  I was stressed in the dream with long, dark full hair!  We went on to talk about what was going on in my life.  He woke from the dream at the time I was going back to sleep at approximately 4 am. 
That is the way God sometimes reaches me.  I had prayed that night for Him to speak to me, to touch my heart.  He was already on it in his own loving way.
What did I receive from it?  As other times, for me I am mindful of the content of the dream, however the way in which the Father reached out to me was more about his mindfulness of my life, of His kid.  I needed to hear that he cares about the details of my life, to be fathered lovingly.

No comments: