Thursday, July 26, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Review

Ok, so I admit it, after reading the last of the 7 books. I am a big huge kid. I love anything well done for kids. I celebrate Disneyland and think it will be much like heaven.
I actually at first felt like Harry Potter was probably very evil. Wizardry, encantations, potions, the DARK ARTS, all of it seemed wrong. Then a friend whom I respect and loves books challenged me to try out the first book, "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone". I did, and i was instantly hooked!
Each of these books were written in such a creative and detailed way. Book 7, the "Deathly Hallows", marked the end of my beloved obsession. Well, sort of.
Without giv away anything inthe book, let me just say that I ewas expecting a letdown for the last book, because as things need wrapping up, I knew I would most likely feel bogged down with boring end of series melodrama. But instead I was treated with an race to the end, adventure after adventure until at last, things were explained quite satisfactorily. At one point, the bible was used as to bring out of the main themes of the series: Love is powerful and overcomes all, even if it costs you everything. I think that leaves enough ambiguity for those still wanting to read the book.

No comments: